|Funnel Cake Mix
1 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1/3 cup powdered sugar mixed with 1 tsp. cinnamon
1. Place flour, baking powder and alt in small bowl and blend with a whisk. Place in small freezer bag. Label this "Funnel Cake Mix".
2. Place powdered sugar/cinnamon in a small bag. Label bag "Sprinkle Topping".
Give this mix with a funnel that has a large spout. Give powdered sugar/cinnamon in a shaker (be sure the holes are large enough to allow the powdered sugar to come through). Put bag of mix into the funnel and wrap it all together. Give several packets of funnel cake mix and the recipient should be able to make funnel cakes several times.
Attach this recipe:
1. Place 1 egg in a medium bowl, beat lightly.
2. Add 3/4 cup milk and funnel cake mix. Blend well.
3. Heat 1 1/2" vegetable oil in large skillet. Test oil by dropping a small drop of batter. It needs to fry briskly. Don't let the oil get so hot it smokes.
4. Place 1/4 cup batter in funnel with your finger over the hole. Let batter run out into hot oil, making a spiral.
5. Fry 5 to 7 minutes total, turning once with a spatula.
6. Drain on paper towels.
7. Sprinkle with powdered sugar/cinnamon mixture.
Something different: Try chocolate syrup drizzled onto a funnel cake.